The Earth Sciences Fund (unrestricted) is designed to provide a continuing source of support from both existing and new donors, and allows us to respond quickly and appropriately to the Department's most urgent or unexpected needs, including student hardship and the cost of teaching in the field.
All gifts, of any size, make a real difference, added together they enable future generations to have the same outstanding opportunities as their predecessors. Gifts to the Earth Sciences Fund (unrestricted) have helped us to:
- supplement the undergraduate support fund
- contribute towards the field work costs of our post-graduate students
- supplement new initiatives for lab equipment
- establish a fund which will allow us to offer more graduate studentships and to contribute to the costs of graduate students who have only part funding from their sponsors
- support travel to international conferences and to visit overseas labs
All donations to the unrestricted fund make a significant and immediate impact upon the quality of a student's time within the Department.
For further information, please talk to Professor James Jackson FRS, Head of Department, e: firstname.lastname@example.org, t: 01223 333481.
To make an online donation to the unrestricted fund please visit our online giving page. Alternatively, you can make a donation by cheque or credit card via our postal donation form. Do please let us know if your intention is to make a donation so that we may thank you from the department, contact Alison at email@example.com.
UK tax payers can use Gift Aid to make a donation worth more. For every pound you give, the department get an extra 25 pence from HM Revenue and Customs, at no extra cost to yourself, this is of enormous benefit.