LibrarySearch is your gateway to searching all of the University Libraries catalogues, Department, Faculty, College, the UL & affiliated
- Access your Library Account/s from here - Raven log in required
- The new search engine type catalogue LibrarySearch
- Newton main page
- Libraries directory
- Departmental Catalogue, Departments A - E
- Our own Current Publications Catalogue
- Part II/III Reprint Collection
- Copac - Access academic library holdings in the UK
- British Library
- BGS Library Online
- University Library Catalogues
These lists are constantly changed and trials are frequently made of new titles. New information is e-mailed to department members as it arrives.
How to cite your sources & references
Try Cite them right online - the essential referencing resource.
Journal Recommendations. If you come across ajournal that you would like to see added to the list of ejournals please use this link to make your recommendation to the Journals Coordination Scheme. This also applies to extending access to archives of journals.
- ejournals@cambridge: This is an A-Z list of Online Journals at the University Library.
- From the UL ejournals we have selected Earth Sciences relevant journals and placed them in the three lists below. Should you have any difficulties with our listing please check the title/s you are searching for on the e-journals@cambridge site before contacting us.
- Off-campus access instructions for Springer journals
- Open Access Journal Resources
- Journal title abbreviations
- Central Science Library electronic fetching
A more comprehensive guide is available here
- Web of Knowledge - access to Science Citation Index online and ISI journal citation reports which include the impact factor of a journal - short youtube video on how to access off campus
- Scopus - the largest abstract and citation database & SciVerseHub Elsevier's mighty scholarly research platform - short youtube video on how to acess off campus
- University Library electronic resources for the Earth Sciences
- ProQuest Databases - best for US theses
- ZETOC - Table of content, author or keyword alerts from the British Library - guide
- INTUTE: science, engineering & technology - providing access to the very best Web resources for education and research
- science@cambridge - a science portal from the University Library
- SciFinder Scholar - Database of chemical abstracts
- OpenDOAR - The directory of open access repositories. Not Earth Sciences specific but nonetheless useful.
Other Online Resources
Ebooks available for Earth Sciences. Thanks to the efforts of the College Libraries Forum there now is over 100 books available for online access from NetLibrary. Four are specifically relevant to Earth Sciences. You can find direct links to these, the AGU Reference Shelf Handbooks of Physical Constants and the WOCE Atlas Series on the e-books page.
Complete information on University Library e-resources