Raven account holders only:
The Computer Officers provide Help pages for support with Windows, Mac and Linux problems.
As well as the pages above, you will also find informationabout the following and may other topics. Just use the search engine and quicklinks to locate the information you require:
Computing Accounts and Facilities
- There are various different Computing Accounts available to you: Email, Intranet and Wifi.
- Your Earth Sciences computer account gives you access to various Computer Hardware and Software in the department.
- You can bring your mobile computer (e.g. laptop) to the department. The Network Connection section explains you how to connect to the network.
- Computer Office may be able to provide some computer for short-term loan. Contact us for details.
If you are visiting Earth Sciences and require computer access, please complete the Visitor Network Registration form.
We provide visitors with three different types of wireless network connection.
Earth Science Department Buildings
Earth Sciences is spread across two sites and each has its own Computing Support.
- Downing Site Computer Officers can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively call ext 33368.
- Their offices are in the north wing, N318 and N314 (both through N316).
You can contact Bullard Site Computer Officers by email or telephone:
The Departmental Website is managed by the webmaster.