Cambridge University’s laser ablation system was primary designed for biogenic carbonates. We routinely measure trace metals in foraminifera, molluscs, speleothem and corals.
However, other geological samples can be potentially analysed and we are interested in new and exciting applications using our laser system.
- Trace and major elements in silicate and oxide minerals and glasses
- Mapping of element distribution in minerals
- U-Pb-Th dating
- Mg, Sr stable isotopes in carbonates
- Fluid and melt inclusions
- Non-geological applications