All department members who use a computer are asked to read the University's Code of Practice for the safe use of Display Screen Equipment (DSEs).
Please take especial note of appendix 3 on eyesight testing. Members who have a problem with their eyesight, which they think might be caused by their work, are asked to contact the Department Safety Officer (Room S034) in the first instance.
The University's Code of Practice for the safe use of DSEs can be found on the University of Cambridge Safety Office website.
- BP Institute Laboratories
- General Chemistry Laboratory
- Sedgwick Museum: Brighton Building Conservation Laboratories
- Electron Microscopes
- Electron Probe Laboratory
- Field Work
- High Temperature Laboratory
- Infrared-Spectroscopy and Calorimetry Laboratories
- Isotope Geochemistry Laboratories
- Laser Safety Policy
- Marine Geochemistry Laboratories
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Laboratory
- Piston / Cylinder Laboratory
- Rock Crushing, Mineral Separation and Acetic Acid Digestion Laboratories
- Rock Cutting, Thin Sectioning and Polishing
- High Cross Rock Store
- Safe Use of Visual Display Units (VDUs)
- Sedimentary Laboratories
- Downing Site Instrument Workshop
- Downing Site Carpentry Workshop
- X-Ray Laboratories