Geophysics, Geodynamics and Tectonics.
Theoretical Geophysics, Geochemistry, and Petrology
My research interests encompass a broad spread of geophysics and geochemistry. I use techniques from continuum mechanics, numerical analysis and statistics to tackle a wide variety of problems in the Earth Sciences. Current topics of interest include:
- The evolution and differentiation of the Earth from its formation to the present day
- The dynamics of melt transport in Earth's mantle
- The surface expressions of mantle convection (dynamic topography)
- The origin and evolution of mantle heterogeneity
- The growth and dynamics of Earth's inner core