Sanne Cottaar is accepting applications for PhD students.
- Research Associate, Departement of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK, 2013-2015
- Drapers' Company Research Fellow, Pembroke College, Cambridge, UK 2013-2015
- PhD, Global Seismology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA, May 2013
- MSc, Geophysics, Utrecht University, the Netherlands, Aug 2008
I am a global seismologist, studying the structure and dynamics of the deep Earth by using waves from strong earthquakes which are recorded across the globe. My interests include:
- Mapping seismic discontinuities to infer temperature and heterogeineity in the mantle transition zone and understand the role of the mantle transition zone in global dynamics;
- Constraining anomalous structures above the core-mantle boundary and their role in the history and dynamics of the Earth;
- Studying seismic anisotropy caused by flow in the lowermost mantle;
- Contributing to open source toolkits to combine the knowlede and constraints from different disciplines, see www.burnman.org.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Recent publications can be found in the publications database here