Geophysics, Geodynamics and Tectonics
Sanne Cottaar is accepting applications for PhD students.
- PhD, Global Seismology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA, May 2013
- MSc, Geophysics, Utrecht University, the Netherlands, Aug 2008
The structure and dynamics of the deep Earth
I am a global seismologist, studying the structure and dynamics of the deep Earth by using waves from strong earthquakes which are recorded across the globe. My interests include:
- Mapping seismic discontinuities to infer temperature and heterogeineity in the mantle transition zone
- Seismic constraints on structures above the core-mantle boundary
- Seismic anisotropy caused by flow in the lowermost mantle
- Composition of the lower mantle
- Dynamics of the inner core.
More at... sannecottaar.github.io
- High resolution imaging on the core-mantle boundary
- Seismic signature of deep subducting slabs
- The ultimate fate of subducting slabs (Main advisor: John Rudge)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.