We have 2 NMR spectrometers:
- A Varian Infinity Plus spectrometer equipped with a widebore 11.7 T superconducting magnet
- A Chemagnetics Infinity spectrometer equipped with a widebore 9.4 T superconducting magnet
- 14-, 9-, 7.5-, 4-, 3.2- and 2.5-mm Varian/Chemagnetics MAS probes with possible spinning speeds up to 30 kHz
- Varian probe for static NMR experiments with 5- and 10-mm radiofrequency coils
- Home-built high temperature probe equipped with an electric furnace and water cooling system, able to reach temperatures in excess of 1200°C
Research undertaken involves the study of minerals, glasses and inorganic solids through the use of both one- and two-dimensional multinuclear (6Li, 23Na, 27Al, 29Si, 31P) NMR techniques.